ProCodeCG Kids Private Class – Robotics – 23 Sept 2019

Standard

Road to Russia saga continues 🙂

IMG_1664

Fadhlan has created an awesome PPT *for a 1000th time 😀

And it is getting better and better 🙂 He is truly a hardworker 🙂

IMG_1665

Today Fadhlan will rewire SNAPBOT I because it has stopped working since we tested it with PWM control and migrate it to Arduino Mega

IMG_1673

IMG_1675

and today we’re going to dissect another mouse. We have crushed 1 USB mouse, dissect and test 2 USB mouse, buy a wireless mouse but then found an easier way with PS2 mouse that we’re going to test today

IMG_1674

The wiring

IMG_1688

IMG_1689

The readings

IMG_1676

 

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 15.41.15 Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 16.19.01

The mapping

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 19.48.28 Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 19.51.56

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 20.31.47

Allright! The mouse will be deployed on SNAPBOT II 🙂

IMG_1685

The mess we created today 😀

IMG_1687 IMG_1681 IMG_1680

Messy but we’re happy with the progress! Now we’re quite optimistic that we can get things done on time! 🙂

*Photos and videos are also available here

Advertisements

ProCodeCG – Young Scientist Competition – Coaching – 20 Jan 2019

Standard

The first Young Scientist Competition Coaching to prepare the participants for the international competition 🙂

Fadhlan had to present and demo his work

IMG_3993

The presenter before us

IMG_3995

IMG_3999

Fadhlan’s Team while waiting 😉

678577E5-C020-4F74-A9B1-030F26DBC7AC IMG_3998

Time for presentation

IMG_4001

And the robot needed some tinkering to make it work again because Fadhlan had built it from scratch

IMG_4002

The judges

IMG_4007 IMG_4008

One of the judges: Pak Janto V. Sulungbudi, lend us 18650 awt batteries, he helped installing the batteries too 🙂

IMG_4009

Still not working, must be the wiring or bad wires

IMG_4010

So we had to delay the demo until we make this work 😀

IMG_4011

We did everything: change the power supply, add it, connect it in parallel, in serial, divide them and all, still not working. Everything on the breadboard that connected to Arduino works, but the wheels just wouldn’t.

IMG_4013

We checked the wheels and the DC motors by giving power directly and they worked properly. we suspect the motor controller but we didn’t bring any spares.

IMG_4014

We worked for hours. After lots cups of coffee and tea 😀

6ff7b061-f3a2-43af-8641-897d3df048aa

We did soldering, and unsoldering, and then it left us with one possibility: wires connecting to the dc motors. And after we changes them, it works! 😀 Fadhlan glue gunned the connecting wires to secure them and apparently it burned the wires and make them stop working (next time no glue-gunning connecting wires!)

dd11078f-db75-46b2-b4ba-166cb314e736

Back to the judges

c360b605-0542-4326-8fdd-688198f8351a

Ok the robot worked nicely, only the ultrasonic sensor didn’t give any readings. Must be the wires 🙂 But at least now we know what the problem is 🙂

a77dceed-4de2-48d6-ba90-e1f3926b138a

10785404-4c46-471e-9ff1-c2b1fcb92b8d

Judges gave suggestions on what to do to upgrade the robot, and we have to make weekly reports. This is a very valuable experience and a great honour for ProCodeCG to be a part of this awesome event. We’ll be working on this for a year, if we make it to the next stage, we’ll see 🙂

36f45715-d085-46eb-8dec-23391328302e

 

*Photos and videos are also available here